Beehive Wool Shop
Colorwork Cap Kit
From Churchmouse: This little cap is a delicious taste of stranded colorwork. We skipped the typical shading of traditional Fair Isle design but kept the guideline of using only two colors per round to keep it simpler for first time stranders!
One kit is enough to make two hats in opposite colours.
Kit includes: 4 balls of Rowan Felted Tweed
- Crocus: A: 220 Sulphur / B: 209 Eden / C: 201 Iris / D: 170 Seafarer
- Forage: A: 165 Scree / B: 153 Phantom / C: 150 Rage / D: 207 Bottle Green
- Heather: A: 161 Avocado / B: 154 Ginger / C: 205 Lotus Leaf / D: 151 Bilberry
- Lichen: A: 190 Stone / B: 801 Hillside Green / C: 196 Barn Red / D: 170 Seafarer
- Sail: A: 177 Clay / B: 150 Rage / C: 175 Cinnamon / D: 170 Seafarer
- Sea: A: 190 Stone / B: 216 French Mustard / C: 207 Bottle Green / D: 211 Black
- Shell: A: 177 Clay / B: 802 Dusk Rose / C: 173 Duck Egg / D: 153 Phantom *Note, colour B is a different pink from the original Churchmouse colourway.
Skills Required: Knit, purl, knitting in the round, stranded colourwork
Pattern: Optionally included. Colorwork Cap by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas. Available as a physical copy or on Ravelry.
Needles and Notions: Purchased separately.
- 3.75 mm (US 5), 40cm (16") circular needle and double-pointed needles, or size needed to achieve gauge in plain stockinette stitch.
- 4.0 mm (US 6) 40cm (16") circular needle, or one size larger than plain stockinette gauge needle, or size needed to achieve gauge in colourwork
- 3.25mm (US 3) 40cm (16") circular needle for ribbing, or two sizes smaller than plain stockinette gauge needle.
- 4 stitch markers plus 1 locking marker in a different colour for beginning of round.
- Tapestry/Darning Needle
- Wool Wash such as Eucalan