Beehive Wool Shop
Knitting Level 4: Garment Class
This class will introduce you to garment knitting. While you knit the sweater of your dreams, an instructor will guide you along each step in the pattern and help fix mistakes as they arise.
You will bring the pattern and yarn of your choice, and your instructor will provide you with guidance to help you finish your garment. If this is not your first garment, you can choose any child or adult sweater pattern or another similarly difficult large project. Consider selecting a pattern with new-to-you skills such as construction or finishing techniques.
Length: 5 sessions x 2 hours
You can choose:
- Any top-down, bottom-up, one-piece, or seamed garment pattern.
- Pattern complexity from simple stockinette, to lace, cables, or other techniques
- Adult or child garments
- A pattern other than a garment that is a higher level in difficulty- for example, shawls, ponchos, and other accessories.
You should know how to:
- Read patterns (either written or charted)
- Knit and purl
- Cast on and bind off
- Increase and decrease
- Knit to gauge
You need to bring:
- Supplies as described in your chosen pattern
Note: Students receive a discount code for 15% off the supplies for this class.
|5 Classes: BIWEEKLY Wednesday January 18, February 1, 15, March 1, 29