Beehive Wool Shop
Mīlēt Mittens Bundle in Flora & Nord
These beautiful mittens feature a snowflake motif at the top of the fingers and thumb that was designed to emulate the top of a fair isle tam. The patterning at the cuffs also plays on the snowflake theme, and even the simple lice stitch on the body of the mittens looks like falling snow. Mīlēt is Latvian for “to love,” and these mittens would make an excellent gift to yourself or someone you care about.
Kit includes: 3 balls of yarn, a combination of Drops Flora and Drops Nord.
- Winter Rose: C1: Flora #01 Off White / C2: Nord #06 Dark Grey / C3: Nord #21 Brick Red
- Poinsettia: C1: Flora #02 White / C2: Nord #05 Grey / C3: Flora #18 Red
- Starflower: C1: Flora #01 Off White / C2: Nord #16 Jeans Blue / C3: Nord #18 Goldenrod
Skills Required: Knit, purl, knitting in the round, stranded knitting (2 colours at a time)
Pattern: Not included. Mīlēt by Ysolda Teague
Needles and Notions: Purchased separately.
- 2.5 & 3 mm (US 1.5 & 2.5) (or size needed to achieve gauge) double pointed needles, or preferred needles for working small circumferences in the round.
- Stitch Marker
- Tapestry/Darning Needle
- Wool Wash such as Eucalan