Beehive Wool Shop
Knitting Level 4: Brioche
Explore the extensive possibilities of brioche knitting! Brioche creates a wonderfully plush, reversible fabric. You will start learning the basic techniques by swatching, then begin your very own brioche pattern!
Students are responsible for purchasing their yarn and needles prior to the start of the class.
Length: 4 sessions x 1.5 hours
Pattern: You are welcome to choose your own pattern so long as it is:
- Knit in the round
- limited to 2 colours
- A pattern that doesn’t offer technical challenges apart from the brioche (for example if you are comfortable making mittens but not hats choose a mitten project.)
We recommend the Beehive Brioche Cowl - ask in store and we would be happy to provide the pattern free with yarn purchase.
- Brioche Basics in the flat and in the round
- Double Increase/Decrease techniques
- Special cast-on and bind-off techniques
- A cast-on and cast-off method
- The knit and purl stitches
- Increasing and decreasing
- Reading a pattern
Note: Students receive a discount code for 15% off the supplies for this class.
- Your pattern choice and the required materials
Bring to First Class:
- 2 colours of practice yarn
- 40 cm circular needles sized for the yarn you bring
|4 classes: Monday March 7, 14, 21, 28
||6:00 - 7:30 pm