Beehive Wool Shop
Knitting Level 3: Socks - Top Down on DPNS
If you've always wanted to learn the time-honoured tradition of sock knitting and are ready to work on double-pointed needles and learn the Kitchener stitch, this is the class for you!
All our Level 3 sock classes teach short rows for shaping the heel, picking up stitches (excepting toe up on circulars), shaping with decreases, grafting a seam, as well as pattern interpretation and fixing of common mistakes. Our patterns call for chunky weight yarn which means your socks knit up faster and you'll be able to start the 2nd sock as well.
Length: 4 x 1.5 hours
- Cast-on and cast-off
- Knit and purl stitches
- At least one type of increase and decrease
- Pattern reading
- Working in the round
- working in the round on double-pointed needles
- short rows
- picking up stitches
- shaping with decreases
- grafting a seam
- pattern interpretation
- fixing common mistakes
Note: Students receive a discount code for 15% off the supplies for this class.
- Pattern (Provided at Start of Class)
- Set of Five (5) DPNS: 5.0mm
- 200g of chunky weight yarn (we recommend Berroco Vintage Chunky)
- A darning needle for finishing
- 1 stitch marker
|4 classes: Monday February 7, 14, 28, March 7