Beehive Wool Shop
Knitting Level 3: My First Sweater
Knitting Level 3
You've mastered the basics, knit some small projects, and learned the concept of knitting to gauge. Now you’ve been eyeing those beautiful mohair sweaters and wishing to make your own. Because the yarn is held double your sweater will knit up quickly for a light and warm garment.
Length: 5 sessions x 1.5 hours
This class runs every other week to allow time to knit your sweater in between.
Pattern: Cumulus Blouse by Petite Knits
- M1L, M1R
- Backwards Loop and knitted Cast-on
- I-cord bind off
- Picking up stitches
- Holding Yarn Double
- Review of how to swatch and adjust to get gauge
- Best-practices in finishing
- The Knit and Purl stitches
- Knitting in the round
- At least one cast on and bind off method.
- Completion of a few simple projects
- How to Knit to Gauge (Note: Gauge is essential to garment knitting. If you are unfamiliar with the concept of gauge or how it affects fabric, we recommend taking a Knitting Level 2 class or to drop by the shop for guidance.)
- Pattern (Ravelry Purchase)
- Silk Mohair Yarn as per pattern (in a light Shade)
- 5 mm /80 cm Circular (or as needed for chosen sweater size)
- 5 mm DPNS
- Locking Stitch markers (optional.)
Recommended Yarns: Drops Kid-silk; Katia Silk Mohair; Rowan Kidsilk Haze; Fleece Artist Zambezi; GGH Kidseda; Lichen & Lace Marsh Mohair.
5 classes: Wednesday Jan 29,