Beehive Wool Shop
Knitting Level 3: Cabled Hat
Knitting Level 3
You’ve made a basic hat before and you want to try out something more challenging. This short ‘cabled hat’ class might be just the right thing for you.
Length: 2 sessions x 1.5 hours
Pattern: Tiilda Hat by Inese Sang (Ravelry Download)
- cable knitting
- decreasing cables.
- Knitting in the round. – Please come to the first class with your ribbing completed so we can get right to the cables!
- reading a pattern
- a cast on method
- a bind off method
- Knit and Purl stitches
- Kf&b increase and K2tog decrease
- And have completed a few simple projects, (slipper, hat, etc.)
- Tiilda Hat Pattern (Ravelry Download)
- Completed hat ribbing for first class.
- cable needle
- 1 skein of Berroco Vintage Chunky (or equivalent) in a light shade.
- 4mm / 40cm circular needle
- 5mm / 40cm circular needle
- A set of 5mm DPNs
- 1 darning needle
- 1 crochet hook (optional)
|2 classes: Saturday Jan 18 and 25||1:30pm-3:00pm||April
|2 classes: Thursday Apr 23 and 30||6:00pm-7:30pm||April|