Beehive Wool Shop
Knitting Level 4: Garment Class
Do you dream of wearing your own hand-knit sweater? Are you eager to tackle a new challenge, but are nervous about getting disappointed along the way? This class is where we introduce you to the fabulous world of garment knitting, where you knit the sweater of your dreams with an instructor there to guide you along each step in the pattern and help fix mistakes as they arise.
Length: 5 sessions x 2 hours
Pattern: You can choose:
- Any top-down, bottom-up, one-piece, or seamed sweater pattern.
- Pattern complexity from simple stockinette, to lace, to cables, and so on.
- Adult or child garments
- You are welcome to bring other high difficulty items (eg a lace shawl or complex socks.)
- How to read patterns (either written or charted)
- How to knit and purl
- At least one cast on and bind off method.
- Increasing and decreasing
- Be able to knit to gauge
Note: Students receive a discount code for 15% off the supplies for this class.
- You bring your own pattern, yarn, and needles.
|Biweekly Tuesdays: Sept 28, Oct 12, 26, Nov 9, 23
||6:00 - 8:00 pm||Bonnie
|Biweekly Tuesdays: Oct 5, 19, Nov 2, 16, 30||6:00 - 8:00 pm||Bonnie|
|Biweekly Thursdays: Sept 30, Oct 14, 28, Nov 25, Dec 9 (NO CLASS Nov 11)||6:00 - 8:00 pm||
|Biweekly Thursdays: Oct 7, 21, Nov 4, 18, Dec 2||6:00 - 8:00 pm||Bonnie|
|Biweekly Sundays: Oct 3, 17, 31, Nov 14, 28||10:00 am - 12:00 pm||Bonnie|
|Biweekly Sundays: Oct 3, 17, 31, Nov 14, 28||2:00 - 4:00 pm||Bonnie|