Updated March 25, 2020
In response to the escalating threat of the COVID-19 outbreak, and in order to keep you and our staff as safe as possible, we will be closing the retail shop as of Thursday, March 26th at 5pm. Our online shop will continue to receive and ship orders. We will also continue our curbside delivery service. Please see below for details.
Although the doors of our shop will be closed, there will still be Bees in the back to receive and package orders. Their workplace is being sanitized regularly, and physical distancing protocols will be followed as always.
We are just a phone call away (250-385-2727 or toll free 1-888-334-9005) during store hours – Monday to Friday 10am – 5pm. Please call if you have any questions about our yarns, the ordering process, or if you need a little help with your knitting project.
We are there, as well, if you simply need to hear a friendly voice during these isolating and unsettling times. We must all stand together and take care of each other now. United as a country, there is still the hope of avoiding the frightening scenarios playing out across the globe.
Once again, my staff and I wish to express our sincerest gratitude for your continued support of our small business. Your many encouraging messages have brought smiles to our faces - smiles being in rather short supply over the past few weeks.
As long as we have our health, families, friends and yarn on our needles, we will come through this stronger than ever. Whatever it takes to keep your community strong: a phone call to a friend, grocery deliveries to an isolated neighbour, or a glass of good wine and virtual knit night. We will get through this.
Val and the staff of the Beehive
- Curbside pick-up is available Monday to Friday, 10am-5pm
- When placing your online order or phone order, select "Pick Up In Store" or let the staff know upon order placement.
- We will contact you via phone or email when your order is ready for pick-up.
- Please be aware that if you would like your skeins to be wound, we wind in first-come first-serve order and orders to be wound may not be eligible for same-day pickup.
- Park on Douglas in the 3-minute loading zone right in front of the shop, or in one of the city parking spots, and give us a call at 250-385-2727. Let us know the make and colour of your car.
- One of the Bees will pop outside with your order and hand it to you via your car window.