Beehive Wool Shop
Knitting Level 3: Lace Shawl
You've mastered the basics, knit some small projects, and learned the concept of knitting to gauge. Now you're drawn towards beautiful lace shawls and wishing to make your own. Welcome to the world of lace knitting!
Length: 4 sessions x 1.5 hours
Pattern: Miraflores by Nicole Bottles
- Increases and Decreases
- Garter Tab cast on
- Stretchy Bind off
- Introduction to chart reading
- Best-practices in finishing
- The Knit and Purl stitches
- At least one cast on and bind off method.
- Completion of a few simple projects
Note: Students receive a discount code for 15% off the supplies for this class.
- Miraflores Pattern (Provided)
- Worsted or heavier yarn (~420m worsted, ~328m super bulky)
- 5 mm /80 cm Circular (or as needed for chosen yarn size)
- Stitch markers
Berroco Vintage; Malabrigo Rios;, Drops Lima; SandesGarn Perfect; Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok; Malabrigo Rasta; Drops Andes; Berroco Vintage Chunky
4 classes: Monday November 15, 22, 29, and December 6